Thursday, September 30, 2010

Volusion Shopping Cart Service Special

We've been receiving tons of great questions - thanks so much! I'll be posting them soon, along with my answers, and the first question will be about eCommerce/shopping cart services. (In fact, this is a very involved topic and I may break it down into multiple posts to answer each area of consideration.)

But in the meantime, we've just received word from our favorite online shopping cart platform, Volusion, that they're having a 24-hour end-of-month special and waiving ALL setup costs on new Volusion stores! If you sign up now, you can get the entire setup free of charge, which is a great deal, and their monthly service prices are flat-fee ONLY and very competitive. If you're interested in checking them out, you can see their plans and services at http://www.Volusion.com

If you've been thinking of opening a new eCommerce storefront, or moving yours, this is a great way to go.

We are also an authorized Volusion partner (NOT a reseller!) and have designed many completely customized storefronts for the Volusion platform. If you do sign up, let us know within 7 days and we'll ALSO give you a great discount on a new store design - $150 off! Our standard price starts at $750, but for the next 7 days we'll do a complete design and installation for $500, payable in 2 payments. If you've been dragging your feet and want to get in now, in time for the holiday sales rush, this is the perfect time to do it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize you designed volusion web sites. I had them design one for me at a much higher price and I really don't like it :( Will contact you in the future for any redesign or ajustments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we sure do! There are about a dozen shopping cart services we work with, 2 or 3 that we recommend in particular (based on various selling needs), and can often work with new ones, too, as long as they have good customization abilities.

    And yes, we charge about 1/3 of what the in-house Volusion design team charges! (And I secretly think we do a nicer job, too.) Same thing with Volusion, ChannelAdvisor, Infopia... They charge you what they think they can get away with - we charge you what's fair! Plus, design work is all we do, so we're better at it - a lot of those companies are outsourcing design work from India or China. Which isn't to say they don't still do a decent job, but it's more likely to look a bit more generic and "template-y".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Brown Dog - I had always thought Jenna designed your site! I've always thought your site was so adorable. Looked like a "Jenna creation" to me. Volusion's prices are really high and I don't think you would get such personalized service as you do with Jenna. (that's just my impression)

    You and I had corresponded at one time about exchanging links, (I sell MLB furniture) my dilemna at the time was I had no idea how to put up a page for links. I actually finally figured it out a few months ago but realized I had to create something for my own site to exchange links. I will have to see if Jenna can do that for me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were blessed to work with Anne on her eBay store (http://stores.ebay.com/browndogtreasures), a previous website splash page (no longer in use), and some banner graphics for her Amazon stores. Anne has been growing all over the place!

    The new Volusion store is very nice, clean and easy to navigate. The visuals aren't as unique or "boutiquey" as what you had before, but that may be a good move, with the new focus on sports-related apparel that sells to a different market from the more cutesy pet clothing and gifts.

    Bonnie, a links page is a good idea and can easily be incorporated with your Volusion store as a separate article/page. (Just be very selective about who you do link exchanges with, and remember that *relevant* traffic is the goal.) They also offer category index and product index pages, which can be auto-activated and are wonderful for SEO.

    ReplyDelete